This notice explains what data we process, why, how it is legal and your rights.
About Us and This Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to personal data collected through our website www.catcompacts.co.uk
This Privacy Notice is provided by Finning (UK) Ltd ('we' or 'us'). We are a 'controller' for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("Data Protection Laws").
We take your privacy very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information about our processing and your rights.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, how we handle your personal data, or want to exercise any of your rights, please contact:
- Name of data protection contact: Ciaran Mc Menamin, Head of Legal
- Address: Finning (UK) Ltd, Watling Street, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 8LL
- Telephone number: 01543 461461
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
Current version: v0.1 April 2019
What Personal Data Do We Collect and Why?
Personal data provided by you
1. monitor our website usage to improve its content, layout and performance;
2. improve our services and products;
Information you submit
We process personal information about you (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number and anything else that you provide to us) when you contact us by filling in an enquiry form or a complaint form in order to respond to the enquiry or complaint you are making.
We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback or complete surveys which we use to improve our services and products in the future.
If you sign up to receive marketing emails, we will use your name and email address to send you the material you have requested.
You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at the details set out above or clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails that you receive.
Sensitive personal data provided by you
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and has agreed that you can.
How Is Processing Your Personal Data Lawful?
We are allowed to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to:
- monitor how our website is used in order to improve it;
- respond to enquiries, complaints and requests in order to serve our customers. We will only use your personal data for this purpose. If you are an existing customer, we may add information about the enquiry, complaint or request to other records we hold about you so we can provide a better customer service; and
- send you material you have requested, using the data you have provided.
Please be aware that you have the right to object to the processing of your data of any of the legitimate interests identified.
Who Will Have Access to Your Personal Data?
Like any business, we use service providers to support the operation our website, such as website hosting (Amazon Web Services), enquiry functionality (Perficient Inc) and website user feedback collection (IPSOS). Some of these service providers will process your data as part of the services they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers treat your data in accordance with the law, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure.
Your personal data may be shared across the Finning Group of companies – for example your personal data may be processed by a Finning Group company situated in the country from which you are accessing our website or the country in which you are purchasing our products and services, if different. Finning may store and process your personal data in Canada, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Republic of Ireland being the countries where Finning operates. Each Finning Group company storing or processing your personal data strives to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer your personal data to Canada, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia and USA, all of which are located outside the European Economic Area:
- In the case of Canada we may transfer information to our affiliates in that country for the purposes of fixing website issues.
- In the case of Canada and USA we may transfer information to certain of our IT service providers who provide their services to us from those countries.
- In the case of Canada, Argentina, Bolivia and Chile we may transfer information to our affiliate companies in the Finning Group which are located there for the purposes of facilitating a coordinated approach to product and service delivery to our global customers.
Any transfer of your data will be carried out in accordance with the Data Protection Laws to safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach or to any other similar approved mechanisms.
How we keep your data secure
We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.
When Will We Delete Your Data?
The table below provides details about how long we will process your data.
DATA WE PROCESS
HOW LONG THIS WILL BE HELD FOR
Information from enquiry forms
Until the enquiry has been completed and no further responses are received for a reasonable period. If you are an existing customer, the enquiry may be added to other information that we hold about you as a customer.
For a period of up to 6 years after resolution of the complaint. If you are an existing customer, the complaint and its resolution may be added to other information that we hold about you as a customer.
Subscription / marketing requests
Until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive the subscription or marketing material.
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights:
- the right of access to personal data relating to you
- the right to correct any mistakes in your information
- the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- the right to prevent your personal data being processed in some circumstances
- the right to object to processing of your data where processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- the right to erasure in some circumstances
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at the details set out above.
We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months.
Please note that exceptions apply to some of these rights which we will apply in accordance with the law.
Complaints to the regulator
If you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, you should let us know as soon as possible. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Information about how to do this is available on his website at www.ico.org.uk.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.